Saturday, May 14, 2011

Getting In Sync!


Been spending the last few days meeting and greeting my new adopted doggie and when she sleeps I get time in between to sync the takes of the Edie Carey video for LOVE. Syncing takes is always the moment when you reacquaint yourself with what you just did. In my case this time it was holding my breath and making sure I had gotten everything.
After all we had three days blocked for filming. The first two were for primary filming and the third a weather day. As it turned out we got gorgeous light on evening one with less grand light forcast, so I made the command decision to get it all then. Was it an ok choice?
Looking at what I have here I am feeling like I did make the good call. We really rolled a lot of footage in that 3 hour light window. I am sure I will want to film a few transitional timelapses, but that's fine.
Much of a music video's energy and "story" comes through editing. This one is no exception. Color choices are also key. While I planned that to some extend there is always room to play. And to discover new things.
Edie did a great job preparing and giving me a lot to work with. I will share discoveries as I come upon them. Some of the joy of editing is in the accidental juxtaposing of images.
Okay, back to it! More soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment