Monday, May 9, 2011

On The Day


Filming is always a venture into the unknown... You can plan and prep but "On The Day" you must always adjust to what is. Yesterday we began, and probably completed the principle photography for Edie Carey's video LOVE. I say probably because Mother Nature is involved and basically she is in charge of our lighting department for this shoot. We hated to put her to work on Mother's Day but in spite of it all she delivered.

We had two full days and a rain date scheduled. But in her infinite wisdom Mother N decided to test our prowess by giving us almost two hours of spectacular light and she basically said"I dare you to try and get everything done". Having checked the modern oracle of the iphone I saw that this was going to be our best light window so our crew swung into action and we got great stuff.

Thanks to Chase, Quin and Ned for their great work... Lots of hurry up and prep and wait for light and then a scramble. I have a few more pickup and transitional shots to get but I think for the performance stuff Mother N won't be sending us any better opportunities... and in filming you have to jump on those moments!

I'll post a few more pics soon... Also it was my first shoot operating a steadicam... I need work on my operating on it to really be proficient but you've got to start somewhere. I think my handheld stuff was more dynamic but my 20 years expertise handholding vs two days practice on the steadicam makes a difference. Still that steadicam is amazing.

More soon! Thanks to a great crew, snappy camera assisting from Michele and Edie's patience and workability! Fun stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment